Friday 29 October 2010

Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity | Video on TED.com

Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity Video on TED.com

Ken Robinson makes the point that we are stifling creativity in our children.
Creativity is something I very much admire in people. Those who can write beautiful poetry, create stunning works of art or even those who can go into the kitchen without a cookbook and emerge with a meal which is delightful to the eye as well as the tongue.

I consider myself to be very practical and to have very little creativity but I wonder if there is a creative person waiting inside to come out when I really need it. Am I the product of a pragmatic education system which is only looking for more people to fuel the economy? We need to look at our education system and radically review what we are doing to the potential of the thousands of children who are being let down and failed by our current system.

 What a responsibility we have for the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment