The growth of online tutoring raises a lot of questions about quality of teaching and safeguarding. When deciding which is best for your child consider the following:
1. Do you know anything about the quality of the teaching and in particular whether the teachers are qualified to deliver the content for the needs of your child?
2. Are you able to monitor the interaction between your child and the teacher?
3. Do you feel your child is safe with the tutor online, has the tutor a recent CRB check?
4. Do you want your child to remain even longer in front of a computer screen in their bedroom instead of interacting with people face-to-face?
The benefits of face-to-face tutoring.
1. The teacher can read the way children react to explanations in their facial expressions.
2. Help is immediate.
3. Lessons can be targeted to the child’s needs even when a last minute request is made to help with a particular topic.
4. Teachers can motivate their learners more easily.
5. In an educational centre the atmosphere is one of learning which does not have the distractions of the bedroom or the kitchen table.
For more information visit www.stepuplearning.co.uk to see how we can help your child.